Woman Pleads Guilty in Fatal DWI | News
BUFFALO, NY-- A Brant woman accused in the DWI crash that killed a seven-month-old baby, and seriously injured the baby's mother last year, pled guilty in court Wednesday.
Danielle Kellogg pled guilty to 1st vehicular degree manslaughter.
Investigators say Kellogg was traveling on Southwestern Boulevard, on the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation, when she crossed over the center line and struck another vehicle, driven by 31-year-old Denise Hine, of Hamburg. In the vehicle with Hine was Hine's seven month old daughter Baylee M. Dion.
Prosecutors said in court that Kellogg has marijuana, cocaine and alcohol in her system at the time of the crash.
Baylee Dion died from her injuries.
Kellogg will be sentenced in May. She faces up to 15 years in prison.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.