Woman Pleads Guilty in Fatal DWI | News
BUFFALO, NY-- A Brant woman accused in the DWI crash that killed a seven-month-old baby, and seriously injured the baby's mother last year, pled guilty in court Wednesday.
Danielle Kellogg pled guilty to 1st vehicular degree manslaughter.
Investigators say Kellogg was traveling on Southwestern Boulevard, on the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation, when she crossed over the center line and struck another vehicle, driven by 31-year-old Denise Hine, of Hamburg. In the vehicle with Hine was Hine's seven month old daughter Baylee M. Dion.
Prosecutors said in court that Kellogg has marijuana, cocaine and alcohol in her system at the time of the crash.
Baylee Dion died from her injuries.
Kellogg will be sentenced in May. She faces up to 15 years in prison.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight