Standoff in Hamburg Ends After Several Hours | News
HAMBURG, NY - A standoff in the Town of Hamburg that started late Sunday night, ended with one person is custody Monday afternoon.
A SWAT team was called to assist Hamburg Police with a man who barricaded himself in a home near Big Tree Road and Eaglecrest Drive.
Officials say the incident began late Sunday night when the suspect's girlfriend came to the Hamburg Police Department and told them that her 42-year-old boyfriend was distraught and had made suicidal threats. She told them he had access to a shotgun.
When officers arrived, they found the man inside the home and said he was armed.
The SWAT team was called in to assist. The street was blocked off while negotiators talked to the suspect.
It's unknown if the man will be charged.
Top Hamburg Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act