Standoff in Hamburg Ends After Several Hours | News
HAMBURG, NY - A standoff in the Town of Hamburg that started late Sunday night, ended with one person is custody Monday afternoon.
A SWAT team was called to assist Hamburg Police with a man who barricaded himself in a home near Big Tree Road and Eaglecrest Drive.
Officials say the incident began late Sunday night when the suspect's girlfriend came to the Hamburg Police Department and told them that her 42-year-old boyfriend was distraught and had made suicidal threats. She told them he had access to a shotgun.
When officers arrived, they found the man inside the home and said he was armed.
The SWAT team was called in to assist. The street was blocked off while negotiators talked to the suspect.
It's unknown if the man will be charged.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.