100 Years Old and Loving Life | News
HAMBURG, NY - Elizabeth is 100-years old and still going strong. Standing a little above four-feet tall, the woman born in 1913, celebrated with family, friends and dignitaries in Hamburg.
During a home interview with her son, WGRZ-TV Photojournalist Norm Fisher, Elizabeth remembered growing up with her siblings and her dad. Her mom died when she was two-years-old. "I don't remember how pretty she was or anything, but I remember what she would do for me. She would carrying me," said Elizabeth.
Longevity is in her genes. Her grandparents lived over 90-years.
Elizabeth Fisher's long life can probably be attributed to her fun nature. She loves to talk and laugh about her many boyfriends growing up, "I was popular with the boys." She liked the boys who played marbles and flew kites.
She was an acrobat and a toe dancer. "I remember I'd get in a corner to learn how to stand on my head," she told her son during an interview five years ago.
Watch the story to hear and see more of her exciting life of 100 years.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.