Hamburg Home Damaged by Fire | News
HAMBURG, NY - A home in the Village of Hamburg sustained extensive damage after flames broke out early Wednesday morning.
Crews were called to the home in the 300 block of Pleasant Avenue just before 6:00 a.m.
Hamburg Fire Department Chief Dave O'Brien tells 2 On Your Side that firefighters found heavy fire throughout the first floor when they arrived.
Six people and a dog were home at the time of the fire. Everyone made it out okay, but one resident was taken to Erie County Medical Center to be treated for minor smoke inhalation.
It appears that the fire started in a rear bedroom. An exact cause is being investigated.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight