Alleged Drunk Driver Causes Power Outages in Southtowns | News
HAMBURG, N.Y. -- Police in the Hamburg-Orchard Park area say a rather large power outage was caused by a drunk driver who hit a utility pole.
The accident happened late Tuesday afternoon at the intersection of Armor Duells & Abbott Road in Hamburg. The driver, 52-year-old Sandra Kaney, was not seriously hurt, but the utility pole was broken by the crash. Kaney is charged with DWI, and other traffic violations.
Approximately 1,500 customers in Hamburg and Orchard Park were impacted. All but a handful are still without power.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight