Hamburg Woman Charged with DWI in Fatal Accident | News
HAMBURG, NY - Cameron John, 24, of Hamburg, was struck and killed by a car on Sowles Road near Electric on the morning of June 22.
Thursday, Hamburg Police released the results of their investigation of the incident, which showed that the driver, Joyce McNelis, 32, also of Hamburg, had a blood alcohol level of .07. She has been charged with driving while impaired and is scheduled to appear back in court on August 20.
The accident investigation also revealed that for some unknown reason John was already lying in the roadway when he was struck by McNelis's vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight
- Fire damages homes in South Buffalo