Hamburg Woman Charged with DWI in Fatal Accident | News
HAMBURG, NY - Cameron John, 24, of Hamburg, was struck and killed by a car on Sowles Road near Electric on the morning of June 22.
Thursday, Hamburg Police released the results of their investigation of the incident, which showed that the driver, Joyce McNelis, 32, also of Hamburg, had a blood alcohol level of .07. She has been charged with driving while impaired and is scheduled to appear back in court on August 20.
The accident investigation also revealed that for some unknown reason John was already lying in the roadway when he was struck by McNelis's vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.