Man Wanted in Multiple Towns Arrested, Charged | News
WEST SENECA, NY - Multiple police departments worked together Sunday to find a man that was wanted on several charges.
West Seneca police were called to the Tops Market on Harlem Road around 4 p.m. after an elderly woman had her purse stolen. The suspect, a white male, told the woman she dropped some money then stole her purse from the counter next to her.
The suspect fled into a white Cavalier. Two good samaritans attempted to stop the man. One was dragged a short distance and suffered minor scrape injuries. The suspect fled down Mineral Springs Road.
The Town of Hamburg and Town of Eden police then contacted West Seneca police to report similar incidents that involved a stolen vehicle and a suspect they identified as 38-year-old Neil Dommell.
Charges were already pending in Eden while an arrest warrant was issued in Hamburg for attempted robbery, attempted grand larceny, and menacing.
Around 4:30pm, an officer spotted Dommell getting into the Cavalier in the Kmart parking lot on Orchard Park Road. Dommell was soon apprehended by officers without incident.
Officers found a flat screen TV that had been purchased at Kmart with a stolen credit card, along with a stolen purse and credit cards that belonged to the owner of the car, and the stolen credits cards belonging to the woman at Tops.
Officials say it was apparent Dommell was on a crime spree in order to feed a drug habit.
Dommell has been charged with 3 felony counts of criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, identity left, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, assault, and felony grand larceny. He is currently being held for arraignment.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.