State Releases Complete 'RFEI' for Knox Farm State Park | Business
From a Statement Released July 22:
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation has released a request for expressions of interest (RFEI) for Knox Farm State Farm to seek alternatives to adaptively reuse unused structures and facilities to further the recreational, educational and community service missions of the Park.
“This request is a way to reach out to potential partners who appreciate the value of the Knox Farm State Park and its importance to the surrounding community,” State Parks Commissioner Rose Harvey said. “We would like to hear from individuals, foundations, philanthropists, businesses, park user groups, and other prospective partners who have a vision for the park and the capacity to capitalize on the exceptional resources it has to offer.”
The RFEI is aimed at soliciting ideas for projects to enhance and improve the park with the following elements as priorities:
- Compatible and appropriate adaptive reuse of one or more of the structures within the park, which include the 14,400 square foot Main House and associated structures, and the equestrian area that includes the 11,200 square foot Main Horse Barn and other facilities. Adaptive reuse proposals can include a revenue component to offset project costs;
- Continued and expanded public use and enjoyment of the park, in a manner consistent with its character and capacity;
- Public/private partnerships that are mutually beneficial to the parties involved while protecting and enhancing the assets of the property.
The RFEI covers the entire park but focuses on the existing structures that include a 14,400-square-foot estate house and an 11,200-square-foot stable complex as well as several other buildings.
A copy of the RFEI is available at http://nysparks.com/business/business-opportunities.aspx. Responses are due by September 23, 2011. OPRHP will review all recommendations submitted under the RFEI and will identify specific projects and programs that are consistent with the agency’s vision for Knox Farms State Park and appear to be financially viable.
Agreements with non-profit, for-profit, or government entities will be developed after the completion of the RFEI process, and subject to normal state contracting processes.
Interested parties may arrange a tour of park buildings by contacting Ms. Shelley Weinreb, Deputy General Manager, Western District, at 716.278.1799. All questions and inquiries regarding the substantive terms of this RFEI must be in writing and submitted by e-mail to Concessions@oprhp.state.ny.us.
Upcoming Events near Hamburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grant Allows Lake Shore School District To Direct Savings To Educational Programs
- Appeal Week 2014 Culminates with $8.88 Million Raised for 90th Annual Catholic Charities Appeal
- Catholic Charities Holds Raffle of Harley-Davidson
- Sabres End Season with Fan Appreciation Night
- Missing Pit Bull In Dogfighting Case Reportedly Found