Latest in Social Media Issues, Trends to be Focus of Conference | Business
HAMBURG, N.Y. – “Social Media 2012,” a regional conference on current business, marketing and legal issues that will include a live Internet video stream to give off-campus participants a chance to ask local experts questions via Twitter and Facebook, will be held from 3-6 p.m. March 6 in Hilbert College’s Palisano Lecture Room (101 Bogel Hall).
Presentation topics and featured speakers will be:
- “The Future of Social Media,” including technology trend setters around the world and the latest developments in social media, will be discussed by Kevin Purdy, author of Google+: The Missing Manual and The Complete Android Guide, and writer for Fast Company’s Work Smart section, IT World and other technology publications.
- “Pitfalls and Opportunities in Social Media” will be co-presented by Carolyn Human, account manager at Travers Collins, and Trevor Torcello, an attorney at Gross Shuman Brizdle & Gilfillan P.C., who will talk about the breadth of social media legal matters and the importance of creating strategies to address these issues.
- “Social History,” a presentation that will give an overview on the history of social media and the benefits and power of this medium today, will be addressed by Ramona SantaMaria, Ph.D., assistant professor of computer information systems at Buffalo State College.
- “Using Trademarks and Copyrighted Materials in Social Media,” ranging from fair use, copyright infringement and rights of publicity, will be examined by Leslie Greenbaum, an attorney at Gross Shuman Brizdle & Gilfillan.
In addition to the online video feed at chrisgallant.tv, a live audio broadcast of the conference will be available on Hawk Radio, Hilbert’s Web radio station at www.hilbert.edu/hawkradio.
The conference, sponsored by the Hilbert Department of Digital Media and Communication, is open to the public. Early registration through March 1 is $10 per person, and will be $20 after this date.
To register and for more information, visit chrisgallant.tv or contact Christopher Gallant, assistant professor of DMAC, at 926-8896 or e-mail email@example.com.
Top Hamburg Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act